The weather is heating up around here. It’s finally summer! So where are Arizonans during the hot summer days? Poolside, of course. Which brings me to the important part – barbecue essentials! No pool day is complete without delicious meats and treats. A little something cool, a little something hot, and the perfect summer cocktail to compliment it all.
There are definitely a billion different delicious options here but I’m going to give you my go-to secrets. Although I suppose it won’t be a secret anymore so TELL YOUR FRIENDS!
The perfect appetizers:
- Tortilla chips and my homemade guacamole (similar- HERE)
- Balsamic corn and roasted tomato salad (similar – HERE)
- Marinaded beef skewers with assorted bell peppers, red onion, and baby tomatoes – (yummy marinade for your beef – HERE)
- Grilled portobello mushrooms – like THIS
The “summerest” cocktails of them all:
- My Prickly Pear Tea – just add some local prickly pear syrup to a natural/organic unsweetened tea and VOILA! Without any alcohol, this is super tasty but much better with vodka, for my purposes of course
- The good old Moscow Mule. Because beer warms up wayyyy too fast, in my humble opinion
Now go get yourself a pool floatie like the pink donut I just bought (HERE), maybe a flamingo, swam, pretzel, ice cream sandwich… Yes- they make them ALL and I NEED THEM. Grab your best friends and have a blast!
Tag our Instagram in your photos and show us your bbq skills! Instagram: @eliterestaurants
Cheers and Bon Appétit, Food Lovers!